Saturday, July 10, 2010

For the Last Time, I Promise

OK, I know everybody is sick of it, but I have one more thing to say about "The Decision" and then I will retire it.
I watched all the commentators yesterday slam Dan Gilbert for the open letter to the fans. I think he said what we, as Cleveland fans felt. He spoke from the heart to his fans, not anyone else. He did clarify who he was talking to. I was so happy that finally, someone with the power to do so, spoke out and acknowledged the fans from Cleveland. I felt somehow vindicated, reading words that were already swirling in my head. I also loved what he said about getting the ring first. While ESPN commentators spoke of Cleveland as being hopeless, with no sign of better things ahead (which I have to tell you really pissed me off), I was elated that Dan Gilbert innately understood that this is the exact kind of trauma that gets us fired up and moving forward. Cleveland fans are not ones to sit back and wallow. We are survivors, who are already looking at the Browns season with visions of Super Bowls dancing in our heads. On a side note, a young quarter back from Texas is now on the roster and I for one could not be happier.
I admit it wasn't a good business move. But Ohio is called the Heartland, not the Businessland. And as far as getting other free agents to sign? Well, if they want love. loyalty, money, appreciation, merchandise and a fan base that will stand behind them 1000% then they should have no problem sporting one our jerseys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...