Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What to do when the crap is up to your lip line...

By now everyone knows I have a broken wiener. I decided to be open about it so maybe someone else out there who has a broken wiener would feel better knowing they have company. I found the web site www.dodgerslist.com. It is a website specializing in broken wieners. The disease is called IVDD and seriously paralyzes dogs. We are going the conservative route and crating Schnitzel for 8 weeks. In the mean time I must hold his butt up for him to poop. Yes, that is real love!
My washer broke, my car broke and news is so depressing I have to take Prozac before I turn the TV on. I found myself drifting in the River Why when I decided to get out of the craptastic inner tube! I am being the student trying to equate the physics of climbing out the crap that has risen to my lip line while limiting my intake of said crap. Basically, I have called a moratorium on bad juju. I had to start moving toward something to get the momentum going. Crap begets crap. It was time for me to start counting my blessings even if it felt like I only had a couple left. O.K. having said that, I will tell you that I am currently self employed with no pay check, we lost over 1/2 of our retirement and our piggy bank that holds our extra change is getting skinnier by the day. The children love taking four dollars worth of pennies in to the lunch lady. Even, so, I am healthy, now. I just got over a two week stomach flu. Normally, a stomach flu would be welcome because of the inadvertent weight loss, but this time the only thing I lost was my dignity. My family is healthy, our house is standing and the computer is only horrifyingly slow rather than frozen. I believe I am making progress.
I woke up today and actively decided to ignore the crap. I am stepping over giant piles of it in order to get something accomplished. My expectations for now remain meager. Low expectations at this time produce seemingly larger gains. Better to start low and get exponentially higher than start at the top only to fall off poop point.
Today I am grateful for tuna salad. I made it a few days ago and there was enough left for me to have lunch. I am feeling lazy and didn't want to have to actually fix myself something. So tuna salad it is. I am also grateful that I don't need anything from the store which due to the broken car would require a bike ride(please refer back to my laziness). I am grateful that I have the ability to turn off the TV and ignore the news. I am grateful that I do not work on Wall street or AIG/U ending up the most hated people in America. I am grateful for my impoverished career so I do not need to find a FDIC insured bank that doesn't look like it is going to fail. I am grateful that I can stretch good ole George Washington until he begs for mercy. I am mostly grateful today for the miracle tomato plants that have magically appeared in my tiny garden. I compost and in my compost were tomato seeds. They were covered all warm and snug in other vegetable waste and leaves and sprouted into plants that are now blooming and will soon be baring fruit.
As I wrap this gratitude fest up, I look around and see that my crap line is beginning to recede. I am certain if I list out a few more things that I am happy and thankful for the crap will begin it's journey back out the door from whence it came. Today tomato surprise, tomorrow who knows? The world is my oyster. I just have to be careful of the expiration date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...