Sunday, April 5, 2009

It's Just Another Panic Sunday

It's Sunday and the clock is ticking for the weekend. Mike is actually back at work today and the house is quiet because the teenagers are sleeping in. The only sound is that of the dogs and cats quietly tiptoeing around the house.
I was sipping my coffee and watching the geckos climb the outside of the house trying to come up with a brilliant blog. The results never magically appeared. I had bupkis to write about today. What's a writer to do when no good stories magically appear to inspire? I realized that it was time to do rather than to write.
For today I will go out into the garden and dig. I will play in the dirt and watch the birds and fiercely fight off the wild squirrels who are currently eyeballing my tender plants. I will lay in the grass and stare at the clouds imaging what animals they look like. I will swing on the wooden swing in the back yard my husband made for me a few years ago for my birthday. I will swing back and forth enjoying the sunshine and using it a s a form of self-hypnosis.
Today is the day to live rather than writing about life. It's a day to relish the idea that those that can, do. While I am living, I will try to pay attention so I may have wonderful adventures to write about tomorrow. It's been my experience that the most unexpected little miracles happen when I least expect it and am busy doing something else.
Happy Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Well gal, you just need a little Jungle Heights holiday. That'll give you something to blog about. I could tell spring was here, as the ritual saturday Jungle Heights drop ins started at 8:30PM in the morning, and didn't stop all day. It was fun...I wish you were my neighbor!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you will...