Monday, April 6, 2009

Twitter, Facebook, Bebo oh my!

I spent my day taking care of my paraplegic dog and building another profile page. This time it's on bebo. I find this whole process fascinating and frustrating at the same time. I love the connection and yet I feel like an antique while I am building my page. I have such a hard time finding things other people seem to know about. This is all so new to me. It's like traveling to a whole new world where I not only don't know the language but I'm not even sure where to go to listen to it.

It's all good. I have had the best education the Internet has to offer. While I am waiting for the book to come out I have little money. But I have loads of time. That is what is required for the Internet to truly educate is time. It's sort of like when I was a kid and we would go into some body's house early in the day and play in the basement. There were no windows so we never knew what time it was. The next thing I knew it was dark and time for me to go home. Amazed, shaking my head i walked home felling woozy from lack of light and food. Those were the best days. I always wanted my job to feel like that. I wanted a job where time flew and I was so entrenched I wouldn't notice I hadn't eaten in seven hours.

I have that job now. I feel positively giddy when I have worked for five or six hours and I look up and the day has flown by. It's magical for me. I have preached to my kids to do what they love and the money will come. This was my attempt at putting my money where my mouth was.
So far I still believe.
I must warn you, I enjoy being slightly gullible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...