Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Make a Wish...


I was sitting here at my computer and wishing for several things at once. I am working sick, like most middle Americans have to and wishing I didn't have to market and promote the book and someone else would come along and do it. I was not an advertising major in college and so I am really having to wing it. Still, I think I am only really whining about it because I don't feel well. I have flu like symptoms and I can't seem to hold my head up for more than a few hours at a time.


I find it tough to cry too much, since I still have a job and life that I love and remain grateful for.


The good news is I will be in 2 more book stores. Bookends in Ridgewood, New Jersey will be carrying my book as well as Read All Over in Port Aurthur, Texas and I will be in Port Aurthur on August 8,2009 to do a signing. I just leads on several other stores and will be calling on them soon. Things are good, despite what my stomach continues to try and tell me.


My sweaty palms make it tough to type much of anything that can be deciphered today. My pounding head, aching belly and wooziness has caught up to me several times during the day. At one point I was wishing it would all go away. My headache did, so then I decided to wish something else. I wished that a problem I was having with a meter reader would go away and the company came out today and fixed it. I wished I had more time to get things done today and I woke up from my last nap to find myself a little more rested and yet it was only 1:30 in the afternoon and I still had most of the afternoon left. I wished for my son's recent car problems to be easier for him and Mike and Mike just left me a message that things look as thought they will work out by the end of the week.


I felt so grateful that the more I asked for the more I got. I also got inspired to wish for a few big things as well. I don't want to give up too much, but if I end up selling enough books to put me on the NY Best sellers list, I wouldn't complain. My other wish is that my family is all happy at the same time. That is more like a lightening strike than a reasonable request, yet I have spoken to everybody today and they all seem pretty good. I am stunned by that one. Maybe the Best Sellers list is not too much to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...