Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Adventures of Advancing Backward


My dear friend Tom and his wife went to the north east coast in Maine and Massachusetts when I was in Ohio signing books. Like "Flat Stanley" he and Dawn, the lovely Mrs. took the book and took pictures all over the north east on their trip. I loved the idea. My book is now officially more well travelled than the author. It's a writer's dream come true.
So, I had this idea...what if everyone who has bought the book took pictures of where they are and sent them to me so I could create a slide show? Think "Sisterhood of The Travelling Pants" only all ages and genders and holding the book instead of wearing magical pants. It's still a one size fits all situation. I would love to see pictures of everyone with the book in different locations. Flat Kellie! Those of you who knew me when I was young, keep your jokes on that one to yourself.
I will create a slide show and put it on YouTube with a soundtrack of course. Send me pictures of you holding the book and the location of where you are to my email, kellieketcham@yahoo.com! Let's have some fun with this.
I knew I loved writing. I knew this would be an adventure for me. But what I didn't realize, fully until now, is how happy it makes me feel seeing other people holding and reading the book. For every person who has shared their own stories with me after reading my book, let me say how profoundly I have been moved. That truly, was the point in writing for me, the ability to talk to other folks about their life stories and the ways in which we are all connected.
Send me your pictures and let's see how far the book has gone, one reader at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...