Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Send Me Your Pictures!


My cousin, who I must tell you, is always at the ready to help me, sent in a picture of herself next to her cruiser. Miss Rita has spent her entire professional life serving her community as a law enforcement officer. She recently received a lifetime achievement award by her community. Seeing this picture brought tears to my eyes. Miss Rita is retiring after many long, dangerous and illustrious years as a Kentucky State Patrolwoman. I am so very proud of her I can't even tell you. In a time of her life when truly everyone should be celebrating her and all her many accomplishments, including a prestigious national award, she makes a point to send me a picture of my book next to her cruiser. It is indeed poignant to me that both our lifelong pursuits be in one picture.
Miss Rita has been a huge influence in my life. She is my cousin, my family and more importantly, my friend.
This picture represents the very essence of why I want folks to send in pictures of themselves and the book. My book is nothing if it is not read. My book has failed if it cannot touch an other's life and allow for the inspiration of their stories.
Please continue to send your pictures of you in your world. Your stories are as important and I would like to share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...