Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Book and I are on the move


This is a picture of the book at Plymouth Rock. A friend of mine took my book on vacation. Tom, having a great sense of humor has a photo diary of the book seeing more sights than I ever have.
Today it's my turn. I am on my way to Port Arthur, Texas to the book store Read All Over.
This will be my first official book store signing. I have done other signings, but not one at an actual book store. Today is the store's grand opening. I am very thrilled and excited to be included. I have never been to Port Arthur, so I am looking forward to going. Mike and I are trying to see as much of Texas as we can while we are here.
The radio station Q94 will be there at the grand opening, too, so this should be really fun!
I was thinking of how this all got started just over a year ago. Last July I sat down and started writing and looked up around January to send off the first draft to the editor. When I started this I had no idea how to publish or market a book. I didn't even know if I could really write one. I had never done any of this before and here I am going to my first signing.
If you ever feel frustrated and want to know if dreams come true, just give me call. I will be more than happy to walk you through how a dream turned into an idea that turned into a career that turned into me getting to do what I love and meeting new people and travelling around.
The secret? Never give up, never give up, never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...