Friday, April 9, 2010

Me,Me,Me For the Next 30 Days

Today is the first day of my plan to be different. I have been a mom now for 23 years. I have loved it, but the truth is between husbands and kids, houses and pets and every other sundry thing I have been left out in the cold.
I am the one guilty of not taking care of me. I have ignored myself for far too long and need to up my game. I am going to be a little self involved. For 30 days I am going to work on my spiritual life, physical life, intellectual life and my emotional life. Every day for the next 30 days I am going to do things for me.
My family can take care of themselves for 30 days for Pete's sake.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. If you're a wife and mother you know that is ridiculous! But the truth is they can handle things better than I had originally thought, so I really can take the opportunity to let them do things that have been traditionally my jobs just because...

Today I start walking again. During the renovation I would do all kinds of physical work on the house and fall down exhausted into bed. Manual labor is not exercise. I feel stagnant and I have gained weight. I didn't gain tons, but it makes feel uncomfortable so it's got to go. My bigger issue is just being in shape. I have never been stunning so I am not trying to change my genetics. I just want to feel good and be able to bike ride, snow ski, roller blade etc. These are things I have always done and I don't want to lose the ability. Today I do yoga again. I had gotten out of the habit , so today is the first day to start that habit back up. I will also be using a hula hoop.
I will be meditating for 5 minutes today. I pray every morning, but sometimes I blow right past the meditating part. It gives my mind time to heal, my thoughts time to let go. I plan in the next 30 days to increase this time to 15 minutes by the end.

I plan to read more, play my trumpet and guitar and really start to sing again. I will never be the next American Idol. I don't have to be to love doing it and keep pushing myself to be better at it.

This is about being the best me. It has to be about me because I am the only one who can truly take care of me. I haven't been doing my job. If I were my own child I would be in foster care by now. It's pathetic that I let things get so far out of hand. I have the obligation to myself, my family and mostly my Creator to take care of the mind, body and spirit I have been gifted.

If you are interested in the 30 day challenge let me know. It isn't brain surgery, but it's gonna hurt like it. ;)

So that is my plan. I had originally done a video diary and I couldn't get it to work so I had to write it out. So learning how to work my camera is another thing I have to master in the next 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...