Thursday, May 28, 2009

I Am Grateful Beyond Words


I am grateful beyond words to my family for all the sacrifices they have made in order for me to take the time and write this book. There is no real way to express how fortunate I am in my life having the friends and family I do, who have all pitched in and helped me do what I love. I had originally thought that once I got the book in my hands I would cry and be touched by just seeing it come to life. But in truth I was eerily quiet and just stared at it. I was happy, don't get me wrong, but I was also puzzled at my own reaction. I expected something quite different.
Then it hit me this morning. I did end up crying tears of joy, not because of what I had accomplished, but rather at the love and support I have gotten this entire time by the company Booksurge who is producing the book, by my family who went through time and money sacrifices and of course my dear friends who have cheered me on. I am so incredibly touched by the amount of wonderful people who have graciously given of their time and love and knowledge. It never ceases to amaze me how kind and generous people are giving freely of themselves to me. If ever there was a person who was blessed, it is certainly me.
I tell my kids all the time that nobody owes you anything. Every day, every breath, every kind, decent and wonderful thing you experience is a gift. My book proves that point so eloquently. Without the support of those around me my writing would never amount to anything, except mounds of spiral notebooks. Because of my personal community I now have the chance to hopefully touch someone's life in a positive way the same as my life has been touched. Dreams really do come true, but not without the love and support of those around you. This has been a total community effort.
Thank you to everybody who has helped me, said an encouraging word, extended a helpful hand and allowed me the opportunity to do what I love. This has been the greatest privilege of my life. If this book reaches one person and makes them laugh or cry or best of all, feel grateful, then I will know that I am success, regardless of facts or figures.
To all of you who have read my writing and encouraged me to continue, thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Tomorrow night when Michael and I pop the champagne cork we will look at each other and toast all of you. Here's to us and the next part of our wild ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...