Thursday, May 14, 2009

To My Dad

I would like to take this opportunity to say Happy Birthday to my father whose jowls I have inherited, along with his pointy nose and love for prose.
My father has been my biggest supporter (along with my mom) with my writing. He criticizes when I don't want to hear it and he praises when I least expect it, but that is my dad. He has been there for me and has allowed me to show up for him on occasion.
I love my dad. I have had the privilege of watching my parents change. Some people think that others cannot change, but my dad has allowed me to see him as a man, as well as a father and I have witnessed his maturity, growth and yes, even, change.
Happy Birthday, Pop!
Know if I were there with you, I'd hug and kiss you and steal your cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...