Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Something Is In the Air

I got a call from a very fear friend who has been having the very worst year. One thing after another has taken him completely off guard. This last episode, he lost his job. If he were a lesser man I think he would have jumped by now. I have watched my kids have to deal with a bunch of unnecessary stuff that has kicked them and knocked them down. Michael and I have had our fair share of stuff coming at us for the last couple of months and don't even get me started on the news. There isn't enough money or prestige in the world for me to want to be president right now.

So what is it about now that has things so far off kilter. Are the stars not aligned? Is the new moon ticking off the old planets? Is it some sick cosmic karmic joke? What is going on?

Here's what I do know...I have had years like this one before. Actually, they were worse. Back then I was alone and broke and terrified. Now I am only slightly broke and mildly concerned. I watched times like these when my personal hell began and lasted for about 5 years. Wrap your brain around that. For 5 years I had big problems with difficult solutions. This period of time resembles a cake walk in comparison, even with the stock market in shambles.

Here's my plan...tomorrow I am going to wake up put my feet on the floor and breathe. I will keep breathing until I remember how lucky I am that I can. Back in 1992 I had a period of days when I could not breathe on my own. I was hooked up to machines and I was unable to get my body to do things I normally don't even think about. Tomorrow is breathing and then maybe the next day it will be something more elaborate like smelling the air that I am breathing. I don't want to get ahead of myself so I plan to keep my goals small. Just getting up and the breathing thing is a good place to start. I know that when big bad things happen, big good things come on their heels. Being in no hurry to do much else than my planned breathing activity, I will be more than happy to wait around and see what wonderful tidings of joy are coming our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...